SVRA Golf Committee Meeting Agenda
Thursday, September 8, 2011
- Call the meeting to order – Meeting called to order at 4:08 pm.
- Summary of Greens Committee Highlights
- Golf Professional Report
The Mixed Moose tournament was contested on Friday and Saturday August 26th and 27th. We had a small group of 24 players. The event brought in more fees to SVRA that it has in past years. The player’s comments were positive about using Aspen Hills, however, they felt the tournament was too expensive.
Our rounds for August were up against last year from 4203 in 2010 to 4486 in 2011. This wasn’t enough to offset the lower prices. Rounds for the season are ahead of last year’s from 13264 in 2010 to 13395 which is really good when you consider that we didn’t have a spring season.
We conducted the mens and ladies horserace events.
The mens club championship was conducted with Tom Baker winning the club championship and John Daulton winning low net. The ladies club championship was claimed by Toni Kovach and Myrna Archibald winning the President’s Cup.
We collected donations for the Patriot Golf fund. This fund donates scholarships to the families of wounded or killed in action veterans.
The Rally for a Cure will be held at Cedar Creek on Saturday, September 10. Cash donations will be accepted as well as prizes donated for a silent auction. The event will be a two-person scramble with 25% of combined handicap. Members have donated prizes to be given out during the tournament. Please come out and support this worthy cause.
Teton Motors has agreed to sponsor a four person scramble on September 17. This event is open to all players. Each player will receive a tee prize and the winners will receive gift certificates for shop merchandise. Any players that test drives a car will receive twenty percent off of golf merchandise. Offer valid until October 1st.
The cart paths on Cedar Creek #1 and #2 and on Aspen Hills #7 are under construction and are looking great.
We have started fall hours. The shop is open from 8 am to 7 pm. We have started fall pricing of $22 for 18 holes at Cedar Creek and Aspen Hills is running a Buy-One-Get-One special for 18 holes at Aspen Hills.
We have reduced the merchandise in the shop. We will not be doing a store wide sale this year so members that have credit need to use it by October 31st or they will lose it.
- Old Business
- 2012 Tournament Schedule Changes/Calendar
- i. Priority of Events
- ii. Mens and Ladies events on Monday
- iii. Action Item: Mens and Ladies Association are to meet with Randy and discuss next year’s schedule.
- i. Suggestions
- Add 10% discount for over 70
- Trail fees associated with Season Passes
- Junior Golf: 15 and under play free at both courses w/ paying adult.
- 2011 Fall Golf Fee Changes & 2012 Fee Schedule Changes Discussion
- Suggested Golf Operational Changes from committee
- Proposed Cedar Creek Practice Facilities changes
- 2011 Golf Business Budget Performance (Budget vs Actuals)
- New Business
- Golf Course Definition, red, yellow and white stakes
- Golf Operations Budget Draft for 2012
- Winter Golf Tournament
- Open Discussion
- Adjourn 5:58 PM