Greens Committee Agenda
2:00 pm Silo
- Call meeting to order: Meeting was called to order at 2:05 pm. Those present were Kurt Richmond Co-Chair, Bob Lujan Co-Chair, Kirk Sessions General Manager, Gary Braun Director, George Toolson Director, Gayland Archibald, Kathleen McKinley, Jim Chumley, Korry Wheeler.
- Review Prior Minutes:
- Golf Committee Highlights:
- Superintendent Greens Report:
Kurt Richmond Golf Course Superintendent gave the following report:
Greens- HOC .140”
– Good shape, will be fertilizing in the coming weeks and starting my foliar program.
Tees- HOC .500”
– Starting to fill in, need topdressed heavy to level tee surface.
Fairway- HOC .500”
– Starting to fill in, still a little patchy, stripes starting to look great.
Rough- HOC 2.250”
– New Toro mower working great. We are able to mow 9 holes a day versus 4 or 5 with John Deere.
Step Cut- HOC 1.250”
– Will be incorporated in the coming weeks.
Irrigation- The system is fully charged on AH and CC
– AH- Has a lateral line that was crushed from moving trees out of tree farm.
– AH- #8 tee- All irrigation is working and ready for sod.
– CC #1- 2 head blew out of ground has been replaced and needs to be filled in.
– CC #2- 1 head by senior tee blew out of ground needs to be replaced.
– CC #7,8,9- I have no power to the satellites. Have to find wire that is making breaker fault.
– CC #18- Snowmobile hit satellite this winter. Waiting on a new satellite. Unable to water first part of #18.
– CC #13 Roadside- Fixed electrical break caused by LVE.
– Cedar Creek Well- Tried to power on, nothing happens.
– Cedar Creek- Star Peaks is running fine down through 17 pond on Cedar Creek. Cedar Creek #9 diversion dam is starting to see a build up of gravel in front of dam.
Projects still open-
– Berms on the driving range
– Berms on #1
– Berms on #2
– Irrigation wire on #13 right of green
– #17 Pond was dredged, material will be removed when piles dry out.
– #18 Pond saw vole damage to liner. We cannot get water to the level where it was last year.
– Cedar Creek Park needs the irrigation finished.
– AH #1 Tee complex
– AH #2 Pro tee and Tree Farm Road
– AH #8 Tee (Will be sodded Wednesday, June 22) 4,000 sqare feet
– AH #9 Cart Path above green
New Cart Paths
– CC #1 Green
– CC #2 Tee Complex
– AH #7 Green to #8 Tee
– CC #14 Tee
– Thursday 23rd we need assistance sodding #8 tee on Aspen Hills
– Fill in holes with sand on fairways
- Cart Paths- The priority of cart paths to replace this year was discussed. The bidding procedure was also discussed. ACTION ITEM- Kurt Richmond is to get a quote on how much it would cost to replace the cart paths on CC #1 Green, CC #2 Tee complex, AH #7 Green to #8 Tee and CC #14 tee. ACTION ITEM- Kirk Sessions will check on policies concerning bidding.
- Use of Volunteers- The use of volunteers to help with projects around the golf course was discussed. The liability involved in having individuals not covered under Star Valley Ranch Association’s insurance policy was discussed. ACTION ITEM- Kirk Sessions is to contact the insurance company to find the cost of insuring volunteers.
- Driving Range-
- Grass Seed / Scott Johnson- OPEN ACTION ITEM- Scott Johnson is to get information on obtaining fescue seed along with seed mixes.
- Possibility of Bentonite-like product from Simplot. ACTION ITEM- Gayland Archibald to contact Simplot.
- We need a big tree spade to use for tree removal. ACTION ITEM- Kirk Sessions to call Horse Barn near Alpine and ask about using the big tree spade.
- Some of the new trees that were planted last fall are having issues. ACTION ITEM- Kurt Richmond to try sulfur on the trees.
- Appointment of New Committee members: Bob Lujan has accepted position as Mens club president so he will step down as co-chair. We are supposed to look for new members to take his place.
- New Meeting Dates: July will continue to meet 2nd Thursday. August we will move to 1st Thursday of August
- Water Ditch’s Clean Out / Reroute: Kirk presented some ideas on some new re-route ideas for Holes 16 and 13
- Open Discussion:
–ACTION ITEM- Kirk will look about exactly who needs to be in charge of marking the course and what options we have for red stakes.
ACTION ITEM- Randy will mark front of nine as ground under repair
ACTION ITEM- Kurt will figure some way to mark the hole by the kids play area along 9
Meeting adjourned at 3:57 pm.