Star Valley Ranch
Community Center Project Team
January 11, 2011
- The Community Center Project Team held meetings December 9 and December 20, 2010 and January 4, 2011. (minutes are available)
- The following are items of significance from the initial meeting on December 9, 2010 –
- Discussion of roles and responsibilities of team members, roles of the liaison members (town council and SVRA board); and discussion and review of various historical aspects including 2006 and 2010 Community Assessments, barn/silo joint meeting, study group reports.
- Alycyn Culbertson agreed to take primary responsibility for recording minutes of each meeting, and she agreed to be the liaison with state representatives and to obtain necessary information to understand and complete the various grant applications being considered.
- Korry Wheeler agreed to take primary responsibility for community liaison work including obtaining community input in various media forms as required by the grants.
- Kirk Sessions agreed to be primarily responsible for dealing with architect and obtaining technical assistance.
- The following are items of significance from the meeting on December 20, 2010 –
- Elaina Zempel (SW WY Regional Director – WY Business Council) provided extensive advice and insight during her attendance at this meeting. (see minutes)
- Each member had been emailed and was given a hard copy of grant applications for Community Facilities, Community Readiness and Business Committed. A combined and consolidated version of all 3 grant apps was also provided with team members responsibilities assigned based on areas of expertise.
- Key dates approaching – DCCR mailing Jan 3 and Assessment/News mailing Jan 10. All agreed that we should include the first community survey in the Jan 10 mailing.
- The following are items of significance from the meeting on January 4, 2011
- Refine items to be included in survey to be mailed Jan 10. (HANDOUT)
- Complete detailed review of consolidated grant app with designated team member responsibilities – discuss timeline
- FUTURE AGENDA – establish definitive timelines for each team member’s responsibilities – next meetings 1/18/11 SVRA Office and 1/25/11 Town Hall.