[gravityform id=3 name=WE NEED YOUR HELP!! Complete and submit by 5/10/11]
Additional ideas members included in their survey
and the number of times it was mentioned by members. [Read more…]
1) Health / Fitness Center– Health and Fitness Center was the highest priority on the list. We have begun talks with a private company that would be interested in establishing a health and fitness center at the new facility. Monies from the Business Committed Grant may be utilized to build the space for the Health/Fitness Center and the private company would pay monthly rent along with providing the equipment themselves.
2) Large Meeting Space- A large meeting space will be incorporated into the new community center. Monies from the Community Center Grant may be used to help build this portion of the facility. The size will be similar to that of the current barn and it is possible that the exact footprint of the barn will be used, although the space will be refurbished. The space will also be capable of being split into smaller meeting areas by means of movable walls.
3) Pro Shop- A new pro shop will be included in the new facility. The new pro shop is to be approximately the same size as the current pro shop. Monies from the Business Committed Grant may help fund this area.
4) Grill / Café / Restaurant- Some form of eating establishment will be included in the facility. What has yet to be decided is exactly how it will look. We need more input from the members as to the size of the establishment and the scope and service provided. The eating establishment will use monies from the Business Committed Grant.
5) Indoor Walking / Jogging Track- An indoor walking / jogging track will not be included in the plans for a new facility due to an excessive space and cost requirement. We only have so much space in the footprint of the facility and an indoor walking / jogging track simply requires too much square footage. We will however have an exercise facility that will house elliptical equipment and treadmills and the space around the walls of the large meeting area can be utilized for walking if enough people have interest.
6) Library / Book Exchange- A full sized library would not be practical to try to put in the new facility. However, we want to continue the tradition of the library (or book exchange) that is currently in use. We will include space in our small meeting rooms to house shelves so we can continue the service that has been a tradition at Star Valley Ranch Association.
7) Indoor Swimming Pool- An indoor swimming pool, although relatively high on the priority list cannot be included in the new facility. We run into another space dilemma as we only have so much footprint to work with. We also can simply not afford it. An indoor swimming pool can range anywhere from $1 million to $17 million dollars. There is however, going to be talk on the feasibility of putting an enclosure around the current swimming pool so that it could stay open year round. The Community Center Project Team will not be involved in these discussions as this is outside the scope of the Community Center Project.
8) Lounge / Bar- A lounge / bar will be incorporated into the new facility and monies may be used from the Business Committed Grant. The lounge / bar will be a part of the eating establishment and will be managed by the same entity
9) Kitchen / Serving Area– A kitchen / serving area will be included in the facility. This will be just a small kitchen with enough appliances to keep food warm or cool and also include an area where people can be served via a buffet. It will be located so it can be used in conjunction with the large meeting area.
10) Small Meeting Rooms / Classrooms- A few small rooms will be located adjacent to the large meeting area. They will be WIFI accessible and available for public use. We will also have the capability of sectioning off the large meeting room with movable walls. We should not be lacking in space for various activities to take place.
11) Lockers / Showers- At this time we are planning on providing a few lockers that can be utilized by the public. They will be incorporated into the restrooms and will be a great resource for those using the golf course and exercise facility. Showers will not be included in the new facility.
12) Convenience Store- A convenience store will not be included in the new facility. The community center project team felt that this is a type of business that would be much better suited to the commercial development lots located near the current Town Hall.
13) Stage- A stage will be incorporated into the large meeting area. We are still discussing exactly what it will look like. It may be just a small risen area similar to the meeting room at Town Hall, or it may be more like the larger stages that are able to accommodate storage of tables and chairs underneath.
14) Space for Small Businesses- We are currently offering space to a few small businesses (i.e. health/fitness, restaurant, bar). We feel that any other space should be provided as part of the commercial development that is being pursued by the Town.
15) Hot Tub- A hot tub will not be included in the new facility for various reasons. Since we are not including an indoor swimming pool, there is no functional place to put it. The potential for abuse of such a facility in use for which it was not intended is a greater problem than SVRA or the town wants to deal with.
16) Gymnasium- A gymnasium will not be included in the new community center. A lack of enough room in the footprint and budget does not allow us to include this. We also feel that a number of other gymnasiums are to be found close by. In order to qualify for the grants we wish to receive, we must be unique from current community centers in the valley. Currently two other community centers within 15 miles offer gymnasiums.
17) Sauna- A sauna will not be included in the new facility. However, it is possible that a sauna may be incorporated with the health / fitness center, but this would be at the sole discretion of the private business that takes responsibility.
18) Concessions / Vending Area- A small area that will house vending machines will be planned for. This will allow those who are exercising or doing other activities to obtain a beverage or snack without entering the bar or the pro shop.
19) Billiards Area- A billiards area will be included in the new facility. It will be associated with the bar but have access so that those under 18 may utilize the area also.
20) Basketball Court- A basketball court will not be part of the new facility. It was not very high on the priority list and it was felt that there were a number of basketball courts in Star Valley that are already in use. Although an indoor basketball court would be wonderful to have, we run into the problem of limited space and budget. For these reason we have chosen not to include it in the plans.
21) Small Movie Theatre- A movie screen, projector system and sound system will be installed on the stage that will be housed in the large meeting room. This will effectively give us a small (or even not so small) movie theatre.
22) Art Center- Although a full art center will not be part of the plans of the new facility, we do fill it is important to have wall space available for showcasing the talents of local artists.
23) Bowling Alley- A bowling alley will not be included in the plans for the new facility. A bowling alley is too large for the footprint we have to work with and would cost too much to add into the plans.
24) Indoor Climbing Wall- Due to a lack of interest and the high liability involved with this item, we have decided not to include it in the plans for a new facility.
25) Golf Simulator- A golf simulator will not be included in the plans for the new facility. A lack of support, and too much space and cost prohibits us from including it in the plans. However, the same private business that is looking into the health/fitness center has also expressed interest in putting a golf simulator in their space.
26) Private Cart Storage- Because we will be able to incorporate this into existing space along with our facility owned carts, we will include this as an extra way to bring revenue into the Association.
27) Bag Storage- Because we will be able to incorporate this into existing space in our cart facility, we will include this as an extra way to bring revenue into the Association.
This survey was sent out with the 2011 Newsletter and Assessment invoice in January 2011.
Community Assessment Final Report done by the Wyoming Rural Development Council [Read more…]