GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT/ACTIVITY UPDATE 05/21/2020
Account Statements: All bank accounts have been reconciled for April without discrepancy.
2009 Lawsuit through 2016: 13 Lots unpaid (0.64%).
2017 Assessment Status: 1993 Lots (98.86%) paid in full.
2018 Assessment Status: 1986 Lots (98.51%) paid in full.
2019 Assessment Status: 1960 Lots (97.22%) paid in full.
2020 Assessment Status: 1795 Lots (89.04%) paid in full.
An overview of SVRA Financials finds the April Gross Profit 1.2% below budgeted levels and Total Expense 13.1% below budget resulting in year-to-date Net ordinary income prior to depreciation at 9.7% better than budgeted levels. The YTD cash assets (4/30/2020 Balance Sheet) Total $755,702.12. The summary of the financials are, as always, available on the SVRA website.
Cedar Creek Center: Since the April 2020 Board meeting we have not spent any funds on the Cedar Creek Center.
Capital Campaign: The capital campaign continues for the Cedar Creek Center. To date we have received $93,559.08. Capital Campaign Funds spent to date total $90,232.89. Funds have been spent on office furniture, landscaping, televisions, and restaurant and bar furniture & glassware, dinnerware, etc., deck furniture, pro shop equipment and furniture, donation wall recognition plaques, media center equipment and furniture, internet upgrades, and security system. All funds spent from this account are reported at Board meetings.
The Board is working on developing a list of needs remaining for the building. Landscaping and décor are a couple of areas that we still need to complete. Individual donations of $500.00 or more will be recognized on the “Valley of Stars” wall inside the Cedar Creek Center. Business/corporate sponsors will also be recognized for donations of $1,000.00 or more. If you are interested in making a donation contact the SVRA admin office or George Toolson (307) 883-7717.
DCC&R Compliance: We currently have 2 lots we have turned over to our attorneys. The attorneys are working on motions to show cause. Updated images have been sent to the attorney to provide the court with evidence that they have not complied with the judgment placed on each of their properties.
Annual Audit: David DeCoria and company continue with the annual audit. The unaudited balance sheet for 2019 was included in the annual report. The audited financial statement will be posted on the SVRA website and available at the SVRA office once it is complete.
COVID-19: The safety of our members, staff, & guests is of the utmost importance to us. We continue to work on opening all SVRA facilities. The tennis courts and swimming pool remain closed at this time. In accordance with the Wyoming Governor’s current orders, we are asking that there are no gatherings larger than 25 people. The current orders are valid through May 31st, at which time; we will continue to follow the state orders.
Precautions we currently have in place: We are disinfecting the gates and locks on the Pickleball courts twice daily. In the pro shops-all staff is wearing masks and have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Only 20 customers in the pro shop at a time due to current gathering restrictions.
- Carts may be rented. Customers who reside in the same household (i.e. spouses, partners, parent/guardian and child) may share a cart. If you prefer each player may have their own individual cart.
- Carts are as available and will be first come, first serve. Due to the sanitation process, cart may be unavailable at times for use.
- Groups will be limited to 4 people (this includes children) No spectators allowed to ride along.
- No sharing of clubs.
- Please practice social distancing (6 feet apart at all times)
- Please do not approach any of the maintenance staff, keeping social distancing in mind.
- No flags should be touched or removed. Please keep the flag in the cup. Cups are filled and are placed slightly below grade to allow the ball to fall slightly into the cup.
- There are no ball washers or other accessories available on the golf course.
Swimming lessons will not be held if current restrictions are upheld. We will post all updates on our email and Facebook page. If you are not on our email list, please call the office and get on our list. We do the majority of our communications through email and Facebook. If you haven’t liked us on Facebook yet, what are you waiting for? We also post a lot of important and fun stuff on Facebook.
Duffer’s & Three Canyons: Duffer’s Bar and Three Canyons Restaurant will be run by Katie Toolson this year. Katie has leased the facility from SVRA and is solely responsible for these fabulous amenities. Duffer’s is now open and operating hours are currently 11-9 Sunday to Thursday and 9-10 Friday and Saturday. Three Canyons is scheduled to open soon, possibly as soon as next week. Hours of Operation will be advertised as Katie gets closer to opening.
2020 Annual Meeting & Property Owners Weekend:
Annual Meeting and Election packets have been mailed. If you have not received yours please contact the office. It is VERY important to vote. Although there are only 2 candidates for 2 open positions, a 30% quorum of all members (estimated over 500) by attendance, proxy or absentee vote is necessary in order to complete the election or conduct any official business at the Annual Membership Meeting. It is VERY important to cast your vote and add to the quorum numbers. If you abstain, your vote is also counted as part of the quorum, not for an individual.
- Tuesday, June 16th Membership in good standing will be verified by office staff. Membership roster closes.
- Wednesday, June 24th all proxies obtained by candidates will be verified.
- Friday, June 26th Candidates Night will begin at 7:00 p.m. Each candidate will have up to 10 minutes for a presentation followed by an informal meet and greet until 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27th Polls open at 7 a.m. at the Cedar Creek Center. The Annual Meeting will begin at 8 a.m. Polls will close and Golf Tournament will begin 30 minutes after the adjournment of the meeting. The Board of Directors Organization Meeting will be held in the garden level conference room at 4:30 p.m. A Hamburger and Hot Dog potluck will begin at 6 p.m. with a dance starting at 7 p.m. both held at the Barn. 2020 Assessment stickers will be required for admission.
The Board has again approved free golf, swim and tennis Friday, Saturday and Sunday (June 26-28) for all members in good standing. You must show your membership card with valid 2020 Assessment paid sticker to be eligible for free recreation during Property Owners Weekend and other member discounts throughout the year.
4th of July: The SVRA Annual 4th of July as we all know it has been cancelled. We are hoping to have the 7:30 a.m. flag raising ceremony. We are working with the VFW to hopefully at least be able to celebrate such a special part of our day. The remainder of the celebration is cancelled.