Greens Committee Agenda/Minutes
August 19, 2010
Meeting Called to Order By: Robert LuJan Co-Chairman
Robie Robinson, Ken McNeal, Jim Chumley, Barry Kendall, Kathleen McKinley, Mike Blackman, Korry Wheeler, Scott Johnson, Kurt Richmond, Kirk Sessions, Vern Madsen, Bob Lujan, Gary Braun
1. Review Prior Minutes
Read by Korry approved by Committee.
2. Old Business:
New Women Member/Lujan
New member to be submitted by Ladies Golf Association (LGA) after August LGA elections
Ball Washers/Kurt Richmond-Kathleen McKinley
Some Ball Washers have been relocated for womens tees. Additional washers are expensive. Kathleen to follow up with ladies golf association to see if needs have been met (Action Item Kathleen)
Golf Course Standards Mowing/Greens Committee
Kurt Richmond to identify standards and incorporate into employee Handbook (Action item Kurt/winter project)
Pond Liner # 18/Greens Committee
Bentinite to be used, Kurt will continue to work on it (Action item Kurt)
Bob, Mike and Kirk to review existing ponds and recommend future actions to pursue.
Tee Box Sponsorship/Randy King
Korry, on Randys behalf, presented several options. Discussions were also held on the existing program. The committee Recommended, in part due to current economic conditions, to Utilize the current signs in place. (Action item Korry). Upon review the feasibility of using future golf cart capital funds to address T box markers.
Pond # 13 Mike Blackman
Items tabled for next meeting. Committee members to research and come back with options (Action items: Bob, Kurt, Mike)
The committed recommeded all poison is to be controlled/dispensed by the Greens Superintendent. All outstanding equipment/poison is to be returned to the Kurt immediately. Kurt will instruct/train and check out equipment to those persons interested in assisting with the program.
Greens Report – Kurt Richmond
Report Given by Kurt (see attached)
Kurt is also currently looking at new equipment leases adn will report on after his review. Jim, Gary, and Scott will work with Kurt and Kirk to evaluate equipment, costs and options.
The current Park sprinkling system was discussed. Kurt reported the system is in need of major repairs. The committee recommeded, due to the extent of the project, it be transferred out of Kurts hands and be handled as a SVRA Project and put out to bid. (Action item Kirk Sessions)
3. New Business
New Box to be built this winter (Action item Kurt)
Red stakes on hole numbers 5 and 9 will be moved to out side of tree line. (Action item Pro Shop)
T Box # 16
T Box on # 16 to be rebuilt next spring (action item Kurt)
Thursday, September 16, 2010 2 PM Silo