SVRA Golf Committee Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 19th, 2011 (4:00pm Silo)
- 1. Call the meeting to order: The meeting was called to order at 4:00 pm. Those in attendance were: Donna Thompson, Gary Braun, George Toolson, Jeff Earl, Kirk Sessions, Bonnie Johnson, Sharon Chumley and Bob Manning.
- 2. Welcome back and 2011 Season Schedule, weather permitting
- 3. Greens Committee Meeting Highlights. Gary gave an overview of the discussion of the greens committee meeting.
- 4. Golf Pro Report, including marketing plan for 2011:
-The Golf Committee began reviewing the planned 2011 golf tournaments and related tournament orchestration with the following result: Property Owner’s Tournament: The Property Owner’s Tournament will be held June 24th and 25th. Each day will be a separate tournament. Friday will be a 2 person best ball format. You can pick your own team. The cost is $30 per team. Flights will include mixed, mens, ladies and senior flights. Green fees are free Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all members and their lineal family. Saturday will be a 4 person scramble. You can pick your own team or sign up individually. This will be a fun tournament. No handicaps, or green fees. There will be a few various competitions occurring during the round. Sunday, June 26th will also be a free green fees day for SVRA members and their immediate lineal family as will swimming and tennis for all 3 days. This action was approved by the Board of Directors in the June 21st monthly board meeting.
– We are looking for sponsors for all of our events. Teton Motors is going to supply a hole in one car for our scramble to be held in September.
– Star Valley Member / Guest and open invitational: There will still be no greens fees charged for pass holders. We will also include more flights including a seniors flight. There was discussion about getting sponsors by paying a percentage of the money collected to the people who go and collect it. This years Member Guest and Open Invitational will be actually two tournaments played the same day, at the same time. The first is the Member/Guest which “must” be one SVRA home/Lot owner and one outside guest playing together.. The second tournament is the Open Invitational which can be two non Association members or two Association members owning lots wishing to play together. For additional details please call the Cedar Creek Pro Shop.
- 5. Old Business:
- a. Review of 2010 goals actual performance and 2011 goals discussion. This has been tabled until the June meeting because so many members are not back from the winter yet.
- b. Review the effectiveness with the 2010 pilot project of “Prime Time Charging Practice.” In the interest of time this item was also carried over into a future meeting.
- 6. New Business:
- a. Golf Prices for 2011: The golf prices for the 2011 season were discussed. There was general consensus that the path we are taking to make golf more affordable is the way we should be going.
- b. Junior Golf Discussion for 2011 with committee input collected last month: Tabled until next month.
- 7. Open Discussion
- 8. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 5:55 pm.
- 9. The next Golf Committee Meeting will be June 16th @ 4:00 PM in the Silo.
Respectfully submitted by Korry Wheeler, Golf Committee member, June 9, 2011