SVRA Golf Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
- Call the meeting to order – Meeting called to order at 4:04 pm.
- The board of directors approved the members of the golf committee for the 2011-2012 season. The following individuals were approved to be on the golf committee.
Gayle Brice, Sharon Chumley, Kathy Dietz, Bonnie Johnson, Randy King Co-Chairman, Bob Lujan, Bob Manning, Kirk Sessions, Donna Thompson, Korry Wheeler, Gary Braun Co-Chairman.
- Summary of Greens Committee Highlights
– A need to keep carts from cutting corners through grass on #13 and #11 was discussed.
– The Kranenbergs have expressed interest in helping to maintain certain areas of the course. The possibility of an adopt-a-hole program was discussed.
- Golf Professional Report
Since our last meeting the golf staff has been busy hosting our summer events. The member guest tournament went very well until a late thunderstorm sent us running for the barn. We had 96 players. The tournament was managed well and the tee prizes were a hit with the players. The Ladies Rhinestone Invitational also went well and the weather was good. 76 players competed and comments were very positive about the tournament, the golf course and the golf shop.
We had Maverik group bring a group of 120 players. We had to rent an extra 24 carts and get members to donate their carts in order to supply all the carts needed. Renting the carts on a one day basis worked out to $56 per cart. This really ate into the profit of this group outing.
Simplot will be here Saturday, August 20 with one hundred players. Another group of twenty four players will be playing Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Next week we have the Mixed Moose on Friday the 27th and Saturday the 28th and the Lincoln County Championship on Sunday the 28th.
Mens match play has started and should be finished by early September.
The Rally for a Cure will be held at Cedar Creek on Saturday, September 10th. Cash donations will be accepted as well as prizes donated for a silent auction. The event will be a two-person mixed scramble with 25% of combined handicap. Please come out and support this worthy cause.
Teton Motors has agreed to sponsor a four person scramble on September 17th. This event is open to all players. Each player will receive a tee prize and the winners will receive gift certificates for shop merchandise. Any player that test drives a car will receive twenty percent off of golf merchandise. Offer valid until October 1st.
I want to thank the ladies for their work on the barn and their donations of the chairs outside of the barn. I also want to thank George Toolson for his work on the tables. This is the best the old place has looked in a long time.
We are proceeding with the cart paths on Cedar Creek #1 and #2 and on Aspen Hills #7.
We are struggling against our budget. Because of the weather, low priced competition and fewer golfers golfing we are not meeting our goals for the season. We are supposed to start fall pricing after the Labor Day Holiday. Hopefully that will pick up rounds from the local crowd.
- Old Business
- Revised Rain Policy
- i. Our rain policy will continue to be refined and will be part of an overhaul of our golf policies.
- i. During the winter, Kirk will work on this customer feedback tool.
- Develop an effective golf customer feedback tool
- New Business
- Proposed Cedar Creek Course Mods and Practice Facilities
- Golf Course Definition, red, white, yellow stakes
- Identify 2 or 3 goals for the golf committee next 12 months
- Golf Operations budget issues for 2012
- Open Discussion
- Adjourn 5:09 PM